Friday, March 1, 2013

bowie jacket muslin 2

Terrible pictures of another muslin, just what you wanted to see!  I kicked and screamed my way through this one.  The improvements are many, so I don't know why this process makes me so cranky.  
Anyways, I raised the armscye 3/4 inch and did a narrow shoulder adjustment to take out either 1/2 inch or 1 inch, I'm not sure (I overlapped 1/2 inch at the widest part).  I also added width to the waist with a pivot adjustment.  I usually just grade out in the seam allowance.  I don't know if there's any big difference there in the outcome, but I felt like a very proper seamstress.  Finally, I went down a size in the sleeve side seams to take out a bit of width.  The back shoulder area still looks a little broad to me.  I'm thinking of redrawing that back armhole line from the armhole edge to the shoulder to bring it in a little.  I'm sure that's not proper at all.


Onward! 

4 comments:

  1. It looks much better! I find shoulder/armscye fit challenging too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This was my first time for those particular shoulder/armscye alterations. I'm slowly but steadily understanding how to fit my body.

      Delete